After receiving a record number of speaker nominations, we are excited to reveal the official lineup of big thinkers and change-makers who will take the stage on October 27, 2016.
The 12 talks will span across topics such as science, gaming, sexuality, language, entertainment, design and the future of work – leaving you to wonder, share and take action.
- Aled Edwards // Chief Executive, Structural Genomics Consortium
- Andray Domise // Writer & Community Activist
- Bassel Mcleash // LGBTQ+ Advocate
- Calvin Rieder // Student & Member of World Youth Parliament for Water
- Duana Taha // TV Writer, Author & Name Expert
- Dr. Helene Polatajko // Occupational Therapist & Rehabilitation Scientist Researcher
- Marcel Danesi // Professor of Semiotics and Linguistic Anthropology
- Dr. Mary Donohue // CEO of Donohue Learning
- Nick Saul // President & CEO of Community Food Centres Canada
- Paul Rowan // Co-founder & VP Inspiration, Umbra
- Salim Ismail // CEO, ExO Works & Founding Executive Director, Singularity University
- Sarah Barmak // Female Sexuality Author & Journalist
To learn more about our 2016 speakers, you can read their full bios HERE.Further details about conference day will be shared in the coming weeks, including the lineup of Tech Demonstrations and special Performances. Applications to attend TEDxToronto have been extended to Monday, September 5th (11:59pm) // Apply Here
Stay updated on all of our latest announcements by signing up to our newsletter here and by following us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.