The second annual TEDxToronto conference was a tremendous success, thanks to the support from our community, sponsors and the effort of our volunteers.
From the day's inspiration was born new companies, careers and initiatives. The congregation of passionate minds also gave way to new connections and partnerships in the spirit of following a strong Call to Action.
We'd like to share with you what we believe were the highlights of the event. If you have a highlight, you're more than welcome to add it in the comment section below.
The Day’s Most Powerful Quotes
- On living in the moment: “You’re as young as you’re ever going to be.” – Neil Pasricha
- On walking into the crater of an active volcano: “Fear is my friend. If I don’t have fear in these extreme situations, then I’ll make mistakes.” – George Kourounis
- “The world says, ‘You’re black, queer, working class, and you fit in this box.’ I say that your call to action is to come out of your box.” trey anthony
- “There is no world. There are only 6 million understandings of it.” – Drew Dudley
- “I invite you all to join me in this jihad of love.” – Boonaa Mohammed
From the Twitterverse
- @gloriaroheim Trey Anthony just blew the roof off of #TEDXTORONTO I'm in tears! Come out of your boxes and respond to your call to action.
- @Dalton_McGuinty @donaldww I am a huge fan of TED. Good ideas are our most valuable currency. The more we trade in them, the better. #TEDxToronto on video?
- @Jagi25 #TEDxToronto Was one of the most inspiring/informative events I've ever had the pleasure of watching.
- #1 Trending Topic on Twitter in Canada on September 30, 2010
- 20,000+ people in 100+ countries viewed the live webcast
- 40,000+ unique visitors to the TEDxToronto website since launch
We were so proud to bring the following new additions to the 2010 event:
- The speaker talks and green room videos, produced by The Biz Media
- The live Twitter wall, built by Jet Cooper
- The iPhone application, built by Endloop Studios
- A feature on OneStop Media’s TTC screens, built by BNOTIONS, with 2.5 million impressions
- The addition of Presdo Match to help delegates find and meet with each other http://match.presdo.com/about
- A feature in Indigo Books & Media’s in-store kiosks https://tedxtoronto.com/blog/tedxtoronto-on-indigo-kiosks/
- A game at the after-party where guests used only their brainwaves to pour a drink, sponsored by Proximity Worldwide
- The beginning of the TEDxToronto Salon Series – the first one being hosted by The Working Group